1. Letting go is a necessary part of life. Embrace it. By letting go, you are creating space to receive the new and better things that life has in store for you.
2. Not everything in life has to be all or nothing. Find a happy medium.
3. The universe will send you signs. Slow down and listen up.
4. Go out of your way to help others and do it patiently and humbly.
5. When you’re feeling down and just want to be alone, force yourself to get out of the house and to spend time with loved ones. When you feel like it the least is usually when you need it the most.
6. Be kind to yourself. Treat yourself the way you would treat your best friend, family member or significant other.
7. Life is what you make of it. Positive thoughts manifest positive experiences.
8. A majority of the stress in life is usually self-inflicted. Evaluate the major sources of stress in your life – how much of it is truly worth stressing over?
9. Express gratitude daily, even for the smallest, most mundane things. View everything as a miracle. This will put you in the right mindset to receive more.
10. Make taking care of yourself a priority. Self-care if not selfish! By taking care of yourself, you will be able to take better care of others.
11. Give yourself more credit. Quit focusing on your disappointments! Instead, honor and take pride in your accomplishments. Obstacles are simply opportunities for growth. Learn from every let down.
12. Slow down. Speed does not equal productivity. To be truly productive you need to be clear about you want and have a strong focus and sense of clarity. These are best achieved when you take a step back.
13. Relationships are the most important thing in life. Be good to others and spend more quality time with the people you care about.
What did 2013 teach you?
Wishing you and your loved ones a happy, healthy and blessed new year filled with love, personal growth and joy.